New recipe alert: The Nourishing Cook sneak-peak!
Leah Itsines is a self-taught Aussie food blogger with a mission to help men, women and children all over the world change their view on food and health while providing healthy, homemade and easy recipes. Here is a peak at her Haloumi and Roasted Veggie Salad.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line the baking tray with paper.
- Basil pesto: Place all basil pesto ingredients in a food processor and give it a quick whiz. How fine you want it depends of you.
- Spread the Beetroot and the Pumpkin on the tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, sprinkle with dried Oregano
- Add Salt and Pepper to your discretion, add the Chili flakes or the Paprika
- Put it all in the oven to roast for 20 minutes
- Then take it out to add Cherry tomatoes and roast for a further 15-20 minutes, until the veggies are tender and the tomatoes are bursting out of their skins
- Add Olive oil to a frying pan on medium heat and add the chopped haloumi in to fry until golden brown for about 4 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add a drizzle of lemon juice
Time to devour!