New recipe alert: The Nourishing Cook sneak-peak!
Leah Itsines is a self-taught Aussie food blogger with a mission to help men, women and children all over the world change their view on food and health while providing healthy, homemade and easy recipes. Make her Haloumi and Roasted Veggie Salad.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line the baking tray with paper.
- Basil pesto: Place all basil pesto ingredients in a food processor and give it a quick whiz. How fine you want it depends of you.
- Spread the Beetroot and the Pumpkin on the tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, sprinkle with dried Oregano
- Add Salt and Pepper to your discretion, add the Chili flakes or the Paprika
- Put it all in the oven to roast for 20 minutes
- Then take it out to add Cherry tomatoes and roast for a further 15-20 minutes, until the veggies are tender and the tomatoes are bursting out of their skins
- Add Olive oil to a frying pan on medium heat and add the chopped haloumi in to fry until golden brown for about 4 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add a drizzle of lemon juice
Time to devour!