Closed | Crime fiction submissions 2023 are now closed!
If you did not hear from Pan Macmillan within 10 weeks of the close of the submission period, unfortunately, your submission has been unsuccessful.
Please note: We receive a huge number of submissions. We read every single one and would love to be able to respond to each author, but we simply don’t have the resources to do so. Don’t be disheartened if you don’t hear from us. What is not right for us may be exactly what another publisher is looking for. We encourage you to look for opportunities to publish elsewhere.
Pan Macmillan is looking for strong, original storytelling driven by exciting storylines and unforgettable characters – from gripping whodunnits to unputdownable crime stories and fast-paced thrillers!
As a South African publishing house, we believe in publishing books by African authors and/or books that deal with contemporary African themes and issues. Due to the priorities of our local publishing programme, we have decided to focus this submission period on crime fiction, thriller, and mystery genres only.
Manuscript submissions that fall under other genres will not be evaluated or considered.
You will need to complete the submission form, and then email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A covering letter that contains your contact details and links to social media accounts
- Three completed chapters of your manuscript (in either Word or pdf format)
- Only one submission per person
- All material must be typed and please ensure all pages are numbered consecutively.
- Only works of the highest writing standard and level of originality, as well as broad market appeal, will be considered.
Submissions are now closed.
Please do not submit the entire manuscript.
For tips on how to improve your writing or more information on how to get published click on the below resources: